Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 52: My Superhero

“But there's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin.”  -Mitch Albom

This post will be dedicated to my mom who's celebrating her birthday today. To the strongest and most hardworking person I have ever known that even today, was still the very first person who got out of bed to go to work. It's always business as usual for her and it's sad how most of the time, she's never able to take care of herself in lieu of taking care of us.  To the person who sacrificed a lot just for her kids to experience a good life even if it meant staying awake until the wee hours of the morning.  And to the one person I owe the stories of my life to. 

I'm not the best daughter there is, to that I admit. I've probably done a lot of things to my parents that I will never be proud of. But my mom has always been fair and forgiving to me. She never made me feel that my mistakes made me less of a person and that I should always learn to forgive myself first. Even if I'm away most of the time, I can never imagine a life without my mom. She's always been my superhero.



No comments:

Post a Comment