Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 28: You're hired!

If yesterday was a long day, today was even longer. I can't even think about tomorrow yet.

I had to wake up early to process my clearance with my previous employer. They only allowed processing of clearance from 7-9 in the morning, which meant I had to wake up at around 6 to prepare. To tell you the truth, I hate waking up early in the morning. I can do dawn (like around 2-4 am but after that, I'm figuratively glued to my bed and it would take a considerable amount of strength to wake me up. I had to snooze my alarm a couple of times before I was able to convince myself I had to do it or else I would have to wait another week. So I reluctantly separated myself from my my bed and took a shower.

I thought it would just be a very short process but apparently, it was not. I had to go through a lot of departments which meant going from one building to another. Point in case, I didn't finish it by 9. I had to come back in the afternoon since one department was not available until then. So I decided to head home while waiting for my scheduled ops validation and then I figured I could just drop off at the department before going to my interview. Around one in the afternoon, the recruitment office called to cancel the validation, which totally ruined my whole plan. So I had to go back to the HR dept for my clearance and the one who is supposed to sign it was not gonna be available until tomorrow. Great. Just Great.

I figured I'll just print out my application letter for another company and head back home. When I arrived, I checked my phone and I had a lot of missed calls and a couple of messages. One was from the recruitment office telling me that the ops validation would push through and I have to be there by 3:30. I looked at the time and it was fuggin 3:15 already. WTF. I had to get dressed and leave as soon as possible. It's a good thing that the office is just a ten minute ride from my house. But still, you know how much I hate last minute changes.

Well,the good news is, I got there just in time and I was able to see my friend who referred me there. Another good news was that the scenario given to us was pretty much basic to me so it would be safe to say that I did well with the ops validation. And I got hired! We had to go back by 6:30 for the papers we need to accomplish before the orientation proper. Honestly, I'm not so sure if I'd take the offer. Contract signing is gonna be on Friday so I still have time to think about it. I'm really eyeing that corrections coordinator position in the publishing company I was planning to apply to. I just hope I make the right decision this time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on your new job! =) Good luck!


    Krystal
    http://krystalpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete