Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 34: Left behind

I have to make this short since 1. I'm already sleepy and it's still seven in the evening, 2. I need to wake up early tomorrow for the training so I have to hit the sack, 3. I really don't have much to say since nothing worth mentioning happened today.

I woke up really late and I spent more than half of the day on the web. It's a holiday today so even if I wanted to work on my requirements, most of the government offices are close. I have a good excuse to be lazy. At around 3 in the afternoon, I took a shower and went to the office to pass some of the papers I'm already done with and to sign my contract as well. After everything, I grabbed some dinner, went home and faced the web again.

I did want to talk about what happened this morning which really broke my heart. A really good friend called to tell me he's gonna be leaving for Vietnam next week. He had some family problems which really pushed him to sever the ties with them for the meantime until everyone involved will be okay. I never thought he'd go as far as out of the country and I really cried while talking with him on the phone because it's gonna be a very big change for him and it's not gonna be easy.

Leaving is hard, both for the one who's going away and those who will be left behind. And as I much as I would love for him to stay, he had already made his decision. As a friend, I have to support him and hope everything will turn it fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment