Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 29: Friends worth keeping

As expected, today was exhausting beyond words.

I had my alarm set up at 5 in the morning since I need to have my medical examinations done early to prevent long queues. My alarm did it's job however I kept snoozing it until it reached 30 minutes past 5 and still I was not ready to get out of bed. And then my phone rang and I wondered who could be calling me at the wee hours of the morning. Of course, there was no other culprit than my teammates before who's inviting me for a lunch out. And so it was set.

Because of the unexpected phone call, I was now up in bed and I had no choice but to start my day. The medical laboratory where I'll be doing my tests was not familiar to me but the address sketch was pretty easy to follow. However, when I got there, I got lost. I had to check the sketch again and eventually, I found my way there. I was able to finish most of the required exams but since I'm having my menstruation, I need to come back three days after for the drug test and urinalysis. Even if I finished early, I had to wait for the doctor for my medical check-up. I was done by 10:30, which was also the time my teammates were getting out of work.

I rushed home to leave my Xray film and headed to where they were. I had to wait more than 30 minutes for them to finish but it was worth it. Being with them made me want to come back to the team badly but of course, I can't. I'm just very touched that even if I was not part of the team anymore, they still remembered to invite me. And it's always fun being with them. I could safely say they are the most honest friends I've ever had and I can't ask for anything more.

After lunch, I was still thinking about applying to that publishing company I mentioned in my previous posts and figuring I didn't have anything to lose, I went for it. I only had one interview but I needed to write an essay and complete a vey difficult test. I thought I was good in English grammar and literature but when I took the test, I have to conclude I am not even halfway there. I still have a lot to learn. They told me they needed time to review my answers so I'll just have to wait for their phone call. I just pray to God they call me as soon as possible.

I then went to BIR to get my TIN number. It was pretty fast however I had to walk under the scorching heat of the sun. I almost thought I was gonna have a heat stroke that even if it was still mid-afternoon, I had to go home and rest. Again, it was a long day but I was able accomplish a lot and I was able to spend time with my friends so it was all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. True friends will always find time to be with you. Glad you have friends like that. =) Good luck for the job that you applied, wish you more than luck.