Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 35: Unlearn and Relearn

First day of work today and I didn't get enough sleep. I planned on going to sleep early but the moment I got in bed, I just stared at the upper bunk of my bed and stayed like that for almost an hour. And then when sleep finally came, I woke up almost every hour and then had a hard time sleeping again. I almost killed the alarm when it finally buzzed and I had to hit the snooze button a gazillion times.

So anyway, I got to work early as usual and I finally met my trainor and my new wavemates. It was really awkward because I didn't know anyone and I was silent most of the time, which is a total opposite to my ever loud self. We did GTKY for the first half and one of the activity was to pair up and we are gonna be the ones to introduce our pair. As I listened to everyone, I got really initimidated because most of them have experience in the call center industry for 3-5 years compared to the meager 1 year that I have.

I can't help but compare myself to them and feel a little underqualified. I revisited old feelings of dread and wanting to prove myself when I was just starting out last year. I now get what my old colleague said before that it's easier to learn new things when you are still a blank slate compared to having an experience where you have to unlearn what you know and relearn again.

I have yet to know these new faces I'm going to see everyday and it's hard. But I'm gonna try to look at it positively and hopefully things will get better as the days go by. After the training, I met up with some of my friends and we hung out for a while before I went home. It's always a blast when I'm with them and as cliche as it sounds, I can't ask for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment