Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 27: No easy feat

Okay, I confess. I didn't jog today. I got too lazy again. Tomorrow, I promise!

Since my bed didn't wanna let go of me, I decided to finish John Green's An Abundance of Katherines. This is my third book of John's and I'm enjoying the journey so far. I think I still have one book waiting for me though before I move on to another author. After I finished reading it, I prepared to meet my friends. I gave them food which I brought straight from CDO and we had lunch together. We hadn't seen each other in almost a month and I really missed them a lot.

After lunch, I showed up for my interview but not to the company I originally planned. I went for my second option just for me to have a feel of having to go through the process of examinations and interviews again. I even hesitated to come inside the building because I'm not really familiar with it but I just can't chicken out anymore. It was a very long afternoon which started with an examination. I was pretty confident with the exam because I had general knowledge of the questions being asked. We also had a typing test and not to brag but I also kinda' aced that one too.

After the exam, we had to go through the first or initial interview. It was quick, just a couple of questions about my education and work experience, which I already had an answer prepared. Then came the final interview which took more time. A lot more questions were asked and I kept saying 'mostly', I had no idea why. The interviewer was also a little intimidating, I wasn't quite comfortable talking to her. But I passed, surprisingly. I thought I was already done but we had to take another exam which I really had a hard time with. They call it Versant and it was a series of tests to check one's English proficiency. I got really nervous that I mumbled and wasn't able to answer some of the questions right. God must have really pitied me because I passed the exam, again surprisingly.

Since it was already late in the afternoon and the queueu for the ops validation was too long, I was scheduled to come back by 3pm the next day. Ops validation is like the finale of all interviews wherein the applicant would have to go through a simulation of how they would handle a certain call and then the supervisor would validate if they are fit for the said program or account. I'm a little worried about that part because it would really suck if I failed it. That's just one more step before someone gets hired. I just hope I don't screw it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment