Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 51: Overwhelming is an understement

Blogging to you straight from CDO! Woot! I just arrived earlier this afternoon and I never get tired of saying this: It's good to be back! Although only for a few days but still, nothing beats home.

Going back earlier today when I was still in Cebu, I attended my training for the first half where we took calls for the third time. It was supposed to be my partner's turn in the morning and I was scheduled in the afternoon but I begged him for me to take calls first. In the end, we both took calls at the same time. I could say that it was definitely not my best performance because I was too excited for my trip home that I never really took some of the calls seriously. My mind was too preoccupied and it was running a mile a minute I don't even know where to start.

After taking calls, I asked permission from my trainor that I will  miss half of the day because of my flight. Fortunately, he said yes (but even if he said no, nothing can stop me from going home. haha). I was out by 11am and my flight wasn't until 1:30pm so I still had spare time. I went home to get the printer I bought for my sister. I had to wait for my roommate to bring the printer over and she arrived an hour after and my golly was the printer huge! And not to mention, super heavy!

I hailed a cab to take me to the airport  and when I got there, I asked if I could just hand-carry the printer but the lady at the check-in counter told me I can't so I will have to check it in. Now here's the fun part: I didn't have the sufficient amount of money to pay for checking it in. It was already an hour before my flight and they were having the last call for checking in of baggages. I immediately called my sister to have money deposited on my ATM so that I could just withdrew it.

Thirty minutes before my scheduled flight, my sister called and told me the money was there already. I had to go back out and withdrew the money but when I came back in, they already closed the check-in for baggages, I almost wanted to cry and I seriously considered leaving the printer behind. I asked the security if I could just leave it at the airport and I'll just have my roommate fetch it but then she directed me back to my airline. 15 minutes until the plane leaves when I went to a crew from my airline and asked if I could just leave the printer to them and then she said she could still have it checked in. God knows how many thank you's I could have uttered when I heard that. I immediately paid for it and got me and my printer checked in just in the nick of time!

I was literally breathing heavily until I reached my designated seat at the plane. I swear to God I've never felt such adrenaline in my whole life. An hour later, I was already waiting to fetch my printer at the check-out area of Lumbia Airport in CDO. My sister picked me up and bought me lunch to relieve my stress. Aaand, my sister has a new car already! Double woot!

When I arrived, my favorite nephew was already waiting outside for me. God, I missed him! He's one of the reasons why I'm always excited whenever I come home. He was so astonished looking at me and his mom trying to color our hair earlier tonight. Yes, my sister bought a hair color solution at Etude House and we decided to try it out. Mine's not that evident yet but since my sister already has color in hers, it was so much more evident on her. I'm thinking of cutting my hair too but I'm not too sure what look would work for me. I need to do some research first.

P.S. I'm sorry this is too long. It was just a very overwhelming day for me. And tomorrow is Mom's birthday! I'm too excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment