Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 7: Any plans for the future?

It's almost midnight and I still haven't finished this yet. This is one of those days where my creativity gland (if there is even one) decides not to be creative and takes it's time off. Oh well. Everybody needs a little time off every now and then.

So I started my day early today. As I've said I have a lot of scutwork to do in so little a time, I had no choice. Good news is, I'm almost done! Woot! I just need to finish a few more things then I'm off to Cebu again to start something new. I'm a little scared 'coz I'm gonna be venturing into the unknown again, definitely out of my comfort zone. But then again, I wanted this. I guess that's motivation enough, right?

To tell you the truth, I'm kinda' missing the environment of my previous workplace and part of what scares me the most is the possibility that it would never be just as good. But we'll never know unless we try. That's how it always has been.

On a totally unrelated note, I got to read Crusader (our school's official publication) today and I was impressed. On the way home, I sat next to a lady holding out her copy and it's been a while since I got a hold of one so I decided to borrow it  for a while. And while I was browsing through the features, I genuinely thought it was better than what we had before. Or maybe I just didn't really paid any attention to it before. But in all seriousness, I found it really informative that even a person not attending the school would appreciate. And I had to muse why I didn't think of joining the publication before. I guess maybe college just overwhelmed me a little that it never entered my mind. Damn, I should've gotten myself into that publication!

For the rest of the day, I just decided to park my lazy ass off at home. And then Mom arrived a while earlier who decided to have a mandatory "talk time" with me. Don't get me wrong, I love talking to my mom but just like my sister, she tends to ask questions I'm not really comfortable answering. Like, my chosen career path. I know she means well, she's not forcing me into anything (and I love her for that) but she just never gives up on the nursing thing. And then she drops the bomb with the question on my plans for the future which I clearly have to assess myself with over and over again. So, what are my plans for the future? I'm gonna have to pull out an all-nighter for that. This is gonna be a long night.

P.S. I made pasta today after months of not setting foot in a kitchen. And if you ask me, best pasta ever! (At least it was for me.haha)


No comments:

Post a Comment