Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 15: Why I Left

Finally, after almost two weeks, I can finally say that I am done! I took care of that teeny weeny document today and although it took me the entire day to finish it, I am so relieved I'm already done with it.

Since that is pretty much what ate up my day, I think I'm now ready to talk about the reason why I had to leave my job. Some people would categorize it as senile but I contest it was for my own good. If you happen to know me, I am not the kind of person who gives up on anything easily. I make it a point that I reach my limit before I let go and raise the flag. Sadly and unfortunately though, I came to that point. It was more of an anthology of a lot of things happening all at once that I wasn't able to cope up.

It was not an easy decision for me because it was my first job and the people I worked with were already considered a family too. I go to work with these wonderful people every single day, learning and relearning things all at once. As I say over and over again, with the taxing job that we are in (or any job for that matter),  it is imperative that you get along with the people that you work with. And it was more than that when I was with them. There was teasing, bickering, and a lot more than a normal team should behave but it was happiness at it's finest.

I wasted a lot of sleepless nights tossing and turning, weighing my options and thinking about the consequences. You know what they say, when you make a huge decision, you should always think hard because you might regret it afterwards. But it didn't help me at all. I just became more confused and the more I though about it, I the more I hated myself for not being able to decide. And so I woke up one day and decided instantaneously without allowing any buts and what-ifs to cloud my decision.






No comments:

Post a Comment