Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 13: Throwback Tuesday

I can't believe I've been jobless for more than two weeks now. Whew! Time does really fly fast. I'm feeling too bored here at home I'm itching to find a new job already. I can't believe I'm about to write this but I kinda' miss working. I miss having to go to work everyday and I miss the favorite people I'm always joking around with. Ah, the things we appreciate when it's already gone.

Actually, although most of what I've written is true, I just used that as a head start to this entry. I'm sorry, i don't know any other way to start it. This may feel a little narrative so bear with me. Today was better than yesterday though. I didn't get to bum around the house although my lower back still hurts. I was supposed to go to someone who can fix it but the person was not around today, lucky me. Plus, my sister has been complaining about her tooth that's been bothering her lately. We went to see our usual dentist but then we found out she already moved out of the country so we had to find another one. But we didn't find any, lucky us.

After numerous failed attempts, she settled with a pack of pain relievers. Later in the afternoon,  I met with my best friend Zhy to catch up on a lot of things. She had late lunch at a restaurant near our school before and since I was still full, I went for dessert. We shared stories about her medical school struggles and my experience at work. It's funny how we went completely separate ways and yet, we still never run out of things to talk about. We also talked about people we knew then and how much everything has changed since then. People are getting married and having babies and going out of the country and doing grown-up things. and getting all their priorities settled. So much has changed and sometimes, it is a little overwhelming but amazing at the same time.

After a lot of throwback memories, I called my other friend who I was supposed to meet up with for dinner but he wasn't available until 7 in the evening and I was already getting hungry. I have been craving for sisig ever since I arrived from Cebu and I'm not going back until I set my foot again at Butcher's Best Barbecue. I swear, they have the best sisig ever. If you are ever here in CDO, you cannot not try it. Even if I just imposed a rule on myself not to eat any rice for dinner, I broke the rule the second I laid my eyes on it. It's just not as good without any rice to pair it with. After I devoured everything shamelessly, we had to get going since Zhy still has a lot of studying to do. 

Instead of going straight home, I decided to stop by at the mall just in case my other friend decides to catch up. And it didn't turn out to be a good idea at all. While passing the time, I ended up buying two pairs of shorts I don't really need. And then I realized it's the first thing I bought myself since the year started. So I cut myself some slack and decided I needed them after all. A couple of minutes later, my friend said he will not be able to make it at all so I had no choice but to head home. Since my sister was also on her way, I called her to pick me up. Another  milk tea afficionado, she demanded I buy her one too. Ah, did I mention milk teas make everything feel better? Even my sister can attest to that. 

P.S. The milk tea barista (if that is even an applicable term for them) was really cute. I'm telling you, it doesn't get any better than that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment