Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 17: Teenage Drama

I feel so lame right now going to a 'grown-up' party with my mom and dad. It's Saturday night and my older sister is not at home, probably went out with her friends and my younger sister is out celebrating earth hour with her friends too. And since I was the one stuck at home watching classic TV, my folks decided to drag me along feeling all sorry for me. 'Poor daughter, no friends, no boyfriend, forever alone' was probably what my parents were thinking. And I can't say no to them. And there goes awkward hi's and hello's with people I have no interest about. Thank God they decided to head home early since my mom still has to go somewhere early tomorrow. Thank you, God.

Earlier today, my sister also celebrated her birthday with her friends and I was the one unfortunately tasked to babysit here. I mean, c'mon mom, she's old enough to curse, I think she can handle treating her friends out. But no, I just had to go and handle 8 other unusually loud and screaming teenage girls. Was I ever this noisy when I was her age? No, I don't think so. And they keep babbling about that cute guy, dishing out juicy gossips here and there. Ugh. Teenage Drama. And as if that's not enough, one friend decides to sleep over. I'm fairly tolerable if that friend is someone I know of but this one's totally new to me and I have trust issues. And then I realized how can I know? I'm not here all the time. Alright fine, she can sleep over. For now.

After the celebration, I just stayed at the nearby mall where me and older sister will be meeting up since it was my nephew's graduation and he was supposed to dance with other kids as part of the program. A couple of minutes later, my sister called and said they would not be attending the graduation since my nephew didn't want to go. You wanna guess the reason why? He doesn't want to dance. He didn't even like the costume. Just like that. And of course, we can't force a two-year old into doing something when his every answer to your question is 'no!' and then wails after. So no graduation and no dance happened. It's just a bummer since I really wanted to see him dance on stage in his cute little costume. I guess we'll just have to wait until he's old enough to say yes.

I'm sorry if I'm a little irked writing this. My patience is just burned up like bottle rockets today, I have no idea why. I'll do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment