Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 96: All too personal

I think I'm going to HK on July really really broke. I've been trying to cut off my expenses the past few days but it's just not working out for me. The more I restrict myself from spending on unnecessary things, the more I get tempted to shell out. What is wrong with me??

Anyway, as mentioned in my previous post, a lot of students have returned from their vacation and I was hoping it woudn't get too rowdy last night but all my hopes were flushed down the drain. I had a difficult time sleeping because the boyfriends were there and everyone was just so hyped up with their first day of classes. I mean, I know I can't complain because I already know right from the start this is all part of the package when I moved in but it wouldn't hurt for them to be considerate too once in a while.

But even if I didn't have a very good sleep, I woke up pretty excited for the day. I even decided to wear my royal blue maxi dress which I rarely wear. I don't know, I was just feeling a little bit too perky, which is necessarily not a bad thing. It's a Holiday in Australia today since most of them are celebrating the Queen's birthday, except for Western Australia so I was looking forward to a high avail time which is what happened. And I took advantage of it by getting to know my colleagues on a personal level.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing but as I get to be more at ease with the people at work, I tend to be more confident in asking them questions about their personal life. I really like hearing about other people's stories because the things that I learn about them that I haven't learned before always amazes me. We had a new seating arrangement today and the person I was seated next to was not really close to me so she became the object of my incessant questioning. And I learned a lot about her in eight hours than in the month and a half that we've been working together.

And because of my inherent curiosity, I spent more than I should and I went home later than usual. But no regrets, I had fun anyway. Was your Monday any different to mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment