Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 102: Homesick

Right at this moment while I'm writing this, I have thr strongest urge to drink liquor. No, I'm not gonna get myself drunk, just enough to ease the stress away. If only it was allowed to bring liquor inside the house and I was not that lazy to go out and buy one, I would have been drinking an ice cold beer by now. I'm also itching to get myself a tattoo, weighing every now and then if I should take the risk of getting strangled by dad when he finds out. It's not like I'm going to ink every part of my body, just a tiny teeny tattoo on my back would do.

Anyway, I skipped work today, without originally planning to. I woke up early, showered, and got dressed only to find myself stuck in bed minutes before my shift. I decided to call off from work mainly because I got too homesick. My boss even called me and asked if it was possible for me to come in half day but I just can't. I know that I would just suck at work if I did. And so I ended up spending the day listening to motivational talks from speakers all over the world--yes, there is an app for that--and reading Murakami's Kafka on the Shore. I still have a long way to go before I finish it, and then I'm off to Norwegian Wood afterwards.

The feeling of homesickness has also led me to think about going home after my short trip to HongKong. I could maybe get a job there, nothing fancy, just so that I could be with my family. It's not final yet but I'm definitely gearing towards it. I'll keep you updated on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment