Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 89 and 90: Lazy days

You know, I seriously think every company should provide each of their employees at least two lazy days leave every year where people can just pick any day of the year where they feel the laziest and they can take a day off from work using that leave, paid in full of course. And that's apart from the sick leave and vacation leave they're giving out. Having that said, I imposed that leave on myself yesterday. I woke up at the wrong side of the bed and decided then and there that I'm not ready to face the world in any way possible. I called off from work, went back to bed and stayed there until I can feel pressure sores slightly forming on my buttocks forcing me to separate myself from my bed.

Having nothing to do the entire day, I finally finished reading Eat, Pray, Love and to say that I'm a bit jealous of Liz is an understatement. I wish I could also do all the traveling that she did without having to worry on expenses along the way. That book has probably taught me a lot of things about cultures and traditions of the different countries she's been to than I have ever learned sitting all year in my World History class during third grade. And that is one of the reasons why I love reading. It takes me to different dimensions and during the past three days, I was Liz Gilbert and I have been to Italy, India, and Indonesia meeting a lot of people, and most of all, basking in the different kind of romance I have never felt before and may never feel at all in the future.

After immersing myself in the book for the whole day, I met my dad at the port to hand him his ticket back home. He just came from Bohol and since he wasn't able to book any trip, he decided to stop by for a while and two hours after, he was off again to my hometown. I was a little bit short of money but it all went well in the end. After meeting him, I went straight home, got some sleep and woke up determined to face the world, ready or not.

Work was a little heavy today. We didn't have any induction time anymore which means, we're on the phone nonstop unless, of course, during breaks and lunch. I'm not complaining though because I'm really learning a lot. I just hope that I do get better so that I'll be eligible for promotions soon enough. Tomorrow is gonna be another day and I'm not really sure where this road will lead me to but all I have is hope and trust. Let's just pray that'll be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment