Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 101: Daddy's Day

First of all, Happy Father's Day to your dad and to all the cool daddy-yo's out there! Although I am still deciding if this particular day was just a marketing strategy for Hallmark to sell out their cards (because birthday and anniversary cards are not selling as much as they used to), I'm still beyond thankful because I would never have been born in this world if not for my dad. And he deserves to be appreciated everyday not just on a single day of the year. Since I'm away from home, I made sure I called my dad first thing in the morning to greet him.

Anyway, today I get to wake up late because it's my rest day. I spent the entire morning tossing and turning in bed and I got to organize and beautify my tablet. I am more than fascinated with all the useful apps out there and I practically downloaded more than a dozen of 'em. And because my Sunday wouldn't be complete without going to a coffee shop to read a book, I took advantage of the free GC from Starbucks that I got from work earlier this week. I drowned myself with a Venti of Java Chip and a fattening whipped cream while waiting for a friend whom I haven't seen for a long time.

For me, Sundays are best spent alone with a book or catching up with a friend. I was more than delighted to hear stories and updates from a very good friend and it seems like the universe was in our favor because after a while, it rained like there's no tomorrow giving us more time to spend with each other. The only thing was, I wasn't able to go to mass because when the rain stopped, I went home immediately fearing the rain would come back, which didn't. I know it's not an excuse and I'm not proud but I'm gonna make it up next Sunday, I promise.

What about you? How was your Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment