Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 56: Count your blessings

It's always important to recognize the blessings given to us every single day and to appreciate the positive more than the negative aspects that happen in our everyday lives. So this post will be about gratitude for even if life is shitty sometimes, there's always something positive that comes along with it. We just need to remind ourselves more often.

The fact that I was able to wake up today is already something to celebrate about. I came to work early and was able to continue my streak of non-tardiness. Although I had to eat really fast for breakfast, I'm lucky enough to be on the better side of the world where I have access to food anytime. When we talk about work, I'm definitely still a newbie and there's a lot more I need to learn but I'm fortunate enough to land a job and earn more than the average daily wage. Also, one of the most shocking things happened while I was at work today. We played a game and out of twenty-three, I was one of the two winners. Take note, I NEVER win at anything. Plus, because it's a holiday, our trainor released us an hour early from work.

When it comes to my social life, I can't deny that I really miss my friends from before and sometimes I wish I was with them but I was given a new set of friends who sometimes makes me forget the void that I'm feeling. I know I have yet to get to know them but I'm just thankful for an opportunity to meet other people. I have also not been a vey good daughter to my parents but my family have always been there for me no matter what. I have the best parents one could ever have and my relationship with my sister has never been better.

My romantic life has been on a roll the past few months and sometimes, I get tired of waiting for the right person to come into my life. A lot of my friends are getting married and starting their own family and I'm still on the lookout, never knowing when I'll get there. And to be honest, this is one of the aspects in my life where negativity is almost looming over and I can barely see the light at the end of the tunnel. Every now and then I just have to remind myself to be patient and to have faith. I may not be there yet but I'm definitely closer than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment