Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 114-115: Going home

I knooooow, I have so many things to tell you. I've been away for a couple of weeks for a fairly good reason and I can't wait to share it to you! But first, I'm gonna begin with where I left off on my previous post just so that there will be no mixing up of events. And bear with me because I'm going to narrate everything like it's real time so it will be in present tense, just to make it clear.

Saturday, June 29
As mentioned, I wasn't able to book any tickets for yesterday so I had to stay in Cebu for another day, thereby missing my dad's birthday. My sister and my mom would have wanted me to go home earlier but I had no choice. I had to borrow money from a friend to be able to buy a ticket and fortunately, he was kind enough to lend some spare cash at such a short notice. I just had a hard time during the entire trip because there was a storm coming and it was so windy causing the boat to sway and dance like crazy. I hardly had any sleep at all because I was too worried the boat would topple over and sink anytime. I was trying my best not to throw up the whole time. Thank God everything went back to normal as we were nearing the harbor otherwise I wouldn't be able to hold it in much longer.

Sunday, June 30
Finally, the torture was over and I arrived safely in my hometown early in the morning. My parents even waited for me to arrive before going off to work. And I was finally able to eat 'real' food which is really one of.the things I miss the most. The entire day was just spent together with my sister shopping around for things needed for our HK trip. We went to mass late in the afternoon and headed home right after to pack up. Sleeping late wasn't an option because we had to wake up early. The airport has been moved to a much farther place and we had to estimate traffic time as well. I also wanted to sleep early to avoid talking to my mom. It's not like I don't want to talk to her, it's just that I'm tired of her badgering me about spending money wisely and all that stuff. I'm pretty sure you get what I'm saying, right?

Anyway, I'll hold off the rest of my posts for tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll catch up. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment