Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 119 and 120: 23 and lovin' it!

The next day, we had to wake up early to catch our ten am flight. We rode the bus going to the airport and it was a pretty long ride. Still, HongKong's airport never cease to amaze me and good thing we arrived a little bit early because we still had the time to grab some breakfast. The plane took off late so when we arrived in Manila, we had to rush for lunch before my sister's flight back to CDO.

I was supposed to go with her but because of last minute schedule changes, I had to go to work on a Saturday, which means spending my birthday away from my family for the very first time. I arrived in Cebu early in the evening and I was so exhausted I had no patience for the traffic. By the time I got home, I was so dead beat I didn't even have time for dinner. My dad called and asked why I wasn't coming home for my birthday and I had to explain all over again.

I don't recall much afterwards, all I remember was waking up really late the next morning. I almost forgot it was my birthday if not for my dad's missed call. I then arranged to meet up with some friends for lunch and they were thoughtful enough to give me balloons. I even wore a maxi dress just because I felt like it. We then went to the mall to buy some groceries and since we didn't have anything better to do, we decided to head home.

For dinner, I decided to invite one of my roommates to eat at the restaurant just across the street. We realized then that ot was an open mic night and anyone was free to come up.on stage and sing a song as long as the pianist knows the chords. I jokingly asked my roommate to sing a song and dedicate it to me since it was my birthday. At first she was hesitant and didn't even know what to sing but after relentless badgering, she reluctantly said yes and went to the stage. And would you believe it, after she sang the first song, she immediately got an encore request from the aidience prompting her to sing another song. She was that good.

Not only that, after her second song, the pianist gave her his calling card and asked to keep in touch just in case she would be interested to sing there every other day. How awesome sauce is that? We were just laughing oir way out of the resto because evrything was just for fun and yet it turned out really good. All in all, it was just a very simple birthday celebration but it was definitely worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment