Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 123: A day to remember

I'm gonna skip a couple of days for this particular post because this just can't wait any longer. My happiness stretches to the moon and back and I don't even know how to begin. Sometimes, things really do happen when you least expect it, which makes it even more special and meaningful. I would really say this experience is definitely one for the books.

My birthday two days ago was not really a special one mainly because I spent it away from my family. Although I didn't have to go to work because I was on leave, I still didn't feel like celebrating. I spent the day with some of my closest friends from my workplace before, ate from a restaurant, shared some stories and that was about it. I had to go to work the day after but I wasn't really expecting anything from anyone at all. Of course, my teammates took the time to greet me and then the day just went on normally.

Today, however, is a totally different story. Everything was just how it's supposed to be on a typical work day up until after lunch. I was in my station waiting for a call to come in when suddenly everybody started singing a Happy Birthday song and when I turned my back, my ultimate crush was holding the cake while making his way to me. It was so surreal I didn't even know what to think or how to react, I was just smiling the whole time. Of course, the teasing and howling was all over the place, it felt like I was proposed to. Even by just writing this and recalling what happened, I can barely wipe off the smile on my face.

I know that my crush didn't really have anything to do with it since it was my teammates' master plan but nonetheless, it was really touching and sweet of them. Here are some of the photos from what happened:






If you're wondering about the Sir Chief thingy, it's a long story. I'll tell you more about it in a separate post. Is it too obvious that I got super kilig?haha Looks like I'll be sleeping soundly tonight. I hope you do too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment