Friday, October 21, 2011

Sacrifices.

I apologize for bailing out on you for a couple'a days, it's been a helluva week, you have no idea. I'll spare you the nonsensical details and the endless drama, but I just have to get something off my chest. Don't worry, it won't take long (I hope! haha).


Anywhoodles, I just had the longest "mature" talk with my mom and I don't know why she always make me cry whenever she talks about something serious. We have been discussing about the possibility of a change of my career and moving to a bigger city on my own. But because of certain circumstances and considerations with regards to family matters, I have decided to stay home and stick with my career.


As much as I want to follow what my heart tells me, there are certain things or people that I just cannot leave behind. Like my mom. She has made a lot of sacrifices for the family for the past years, and she's not getting any younger. Whenever I see my mom hard at work, juggling financial matters, since my sister still has a long way to go to finish school, I would love for her to go and retire. She has been working for too long and I believe she deserves a break after all these years. 


For the past few days, I have been having second thoughts on the career path I was about to take. But tonight, when my mom talked to me, I have found the answer that I have been looking for. I have decided to stay because it is time I repay my mom. It is time for me to make my own sacrifice for my family. I know I could always do the things that I want in the future if God permits me so, but right now, my family needs me. So I will be there, and try to be the "mature" person that I'm supposed to.






xoxo,
biang



No comments:

Post a Comment