A couple of days ago, I stumbled upon The Blog of Scarves.net and I got so interested with a certain project that they were doing. It's entitled The Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf. If you've already seen the movie, you pretty much have an idea what this is all about.
It has the same concept but instead of pants being passed around to people from different parts of the world, they will be using a scarf. When I read all about it, I thought it would be fun if I started something of my own. But of course, all the credits go to the people who started this awesome project.
|Not the actual scarf that I will be using.|
Although I tweaked some of the rules, almost all of it are original from The Blog of Scarves.net.
1. You can keep the scarf for eight days. The scarf must then be passed on to a fellow blogger who you deem creative, fashionable and amazeballs.
2. During your eight days, add a small and crafty decoration to the scarf. Be tasteful. Be clever. Make sure it represents you.
3. During your eight days, you must wear the scarf at least twice. Take photos with it! Show how the traveling scarf spent time with you.
4. You must share your adventures with the scarf on your blog. Show your best photos, talk about what you added to the scarf and why.
5. The 21st blogger to receive the scarf must send the scarf back to me to go into scarf hibernation.
6. Any and all contents you receive in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf package should be passed on to the next member of the sisterhood. Feel free to add trinkets, notes, and surprises, but don’t take any away. (Gotta let the next gal feel the love!)
7. But if you decide to give a remembrance that says something about you to the next member, wrap it and indicate if she could keep it or pass it on..
8. You must track the scarf’s journey on the enclosed map. Put a dot on your hometown with your initials. Add a trail from where it came from to where you are located.
9. You must write on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf’s small journal detailing the most exciting thing that happened to you while wearing the scarf.
10. You can wear the scarf any way you want (on the neck, as a belt or as a head piece) as long as you wear it.
11. You MUST take care of the scarf while it is in your possession. Don’t let anyone outside of the sisterhood wear the scarf.
12. You MUST look chic and sassy while wearing the scarf. But of course, you always look that way.
I think that's about it. As of the meantime, I'm still deciding on what scarf I will be using and I still have to organize some of the things that go with it. I will officially start this project early next week. I'm also still on the process of picking who I will pass the scarf on to. If you want in, you can e-mail me and I will think about it. Cool project huh? (For me at least.haha)