Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hangover

I admit, I haven't been 'living my life to the fullest' as what others would call it. Whenever something tragic or sad would happen, I usually turn to food instead of booze. Okay, this is the only time I would allow you to call me boring  (and only ONCE! haha). But when I think about it, we all have different coping mechanisms and I happen to move on faster if I binge eat or when I write about it than waking up with a hangover the next day.




But what happened last week was beyond my threshold that I decided to try the latter type. I will not bore you with the details of what happened but it was one of the most depressing moments of my life. And after hearing the awful news a little over midnight, I knew it was time for me to get out of my comfort zone. So I decided to go out with my new found friends and we drank till the wee hours of the morning(to my friends who will be reading this, it's hard to believe but yes, it's true.haha). 


Although I swore that I would never do it again after a very painful headache that woke me up the next morning, I was kinda' happy that I did it. I was always so close-minded and judgmental to these kind of people but after what happened, I learned that what comfort binge eating gives me, that's also the comfort they get when they drink and party. I cannot blame them 'coz it really does make you forget your problems for a while.


It was my first time to get drunk and I can't promise it'll be my last but I realized that although drinking and partying will let you forget your problems temporarily, the problem will still be there the next day if you won't face it. Plus, a pretty bad hangover after is another problem.hahaha. Meanwhile, I'll stick with eating and writing for now.


xoxo,
biang



1 comment:

  1. i've only been drunk once too but unlike you not promising for it to be your last, i swore that's gonna be my first and last. as in! happy lage kaayo ang feeling but the pain and all the sukaha was too much! whaaaa!

    anyhoo, i am missing you on the blogosphere biang! come back! heheh =)

    ReplyDelete