Thursday, February 16, 2012

Angels in the sick room

When I opened my Facebook account awhile ago, my feed was bombarded with a lot of congratulatory messages from my friends to the new breed of registered nurses. And then I realized it's been roughly a year since I was on that spot and it seems like time was such in a hurry that I didn't notice it has been that long already. 


Which led me to this post. As I tried to remember that time when the results for our batch came out, I felt that I wasn't totally happy that I passed, I was just thankful that I didn't fail. I guess it's not a surprise since nursing isn't really in my blood (at least that's what I believe in). But don't get me wrong. I couldn't be more thankful for all the blessings and guidance that God has endowed me during my nursing years. It's just that, I wasn't really happy with it. Period.


And now when they ask me why I'm not practicing my profession, I have a hard time answering them because sometimes people just don't understand. Plus, I don't think I'm supposed to explain myself and my decisions to people who have already conditioned their minds that I just wasted my parents' college investment for me. It's hard to explain that there's something else tugging on my heart which is hard to ignore. And it's definitely not Florence Nightingale. Am I even making sense?hahaha.




But negativity aside, I sincerely wish all the new RN's happiness in their chosen field. I will continue to pray that the government will finally give justice and priority to the health sector, especially the bloodline of it which are mostly nurses. 


It's gonna be a challenge finding a rewarding job as a nurse here in the Philippines (believe me, been there, done that) but do not be fazed 'coz if you truly love what you're doing, God will reward your efforts. To those who didn't pass, it's not yet the end of the world, believe me. You'll never know where that will lead you. But one thing is for sure, wallowing will not help you.


But for those who will feel a different tug on their hearts like I did, do not be afraid to take the road less traveled. College did not only prepare us for our profession, college prepared us for LIFE. chos! 


P.S. Congratulations to all passers! 


xoxo,
biang



1 comment:

  1. congratulations to all RNs!
    by the way, you have been awarded as the "Stylish Blogger Award" in my blog.
    you may read the full post here - http://jenponix.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-ever-award-in-blogging.html

    ReplyDelete