Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Of love letters and romanticisms

A couple of days ago, a friend asked me to whip up a letter for someone he cares for but didn't realize it until the other person finally left. It's funny why people entrust me with such things 'coz I am far from expert when it comes to writing love letters or relationships in general. Nevertheless, I had fun authoring this letter, I just hope I did justice translating those feelings into pen and paper.

'My eyes are still sore from too much crying. Oh no, it's not something drastic, I guess maybe I'm just overly poignant, especially when it involves people and relationships.

If there's one thing I learned after 22 years of breathing life, it's that people come and go. It's a reality that I face every waking moment especially with the kind of job that I involved myself with. But you know what's crazy? What's crazy is how it doesn't get any easier and how it affects me all the same after all those years. When you're the one leaving, it's never that hard but when you're the one being left behind, it's a whole different story. So this is to that one person who I never got the chance to be really close with but has really affected my life without him having so much as a knowledge of it. Or maybe I did get the chance, I was just too inane and naive not to grab it. And now, all I could do is cry. If only my tears could cry more tears, it probably would never stop.

But if there is one thing more important than shedding tears and reminiscing moments, it is moving on. It may take a while but I'll get there. No doubt I will definitely miss you. I may even miss us, even if there is no us. Peculiar, yes? But I will just have to comfort myself with the certainty that I will see you again. And if Gods be good, maybe when that time comes, I will be intrepid enough to express how I feel, hoping you will be open to that possibility as well.'

I have written my share of love letter to someone too. I just don't have the courage yet to post it here.haha.

P.S. This is not the actual letter, my friend has decided to inject his own flare and made it his own. And if I may say, he didn't really need me, he did a mighty fine job himself.

P.S.S If you would be so kind and humor me with your thoughts about writing love letters, I would really appreciate it. Sure, it's cheezeballs and all romantic crap but don't you think it's a breath of fresh air amidst the new generation way of courting or dating? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xo, biang

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a love letter to myself, and my future boyfriend... loool! :P

    (following you now via GFC, hope you follow back)

    www.citybehindthefog.blogspot.com
    www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
    www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete