Thursday, January 16, 2014

To Love and New Beginnings

I'm in love. Yes, you read that right. What a way to start the new year huh? It's been months since I've written anything decent and it's safe to say that I've been busy. In my previous post months ago, I've shared to you about a certain someone who has been putting color into my life and making all the butterflies in my stomach go berserk and making me believe everything they portray in stories and poems and songs about love, but I never divulged anything more than that. I think that now, I'm ready more than ever.

For one thing, cliche as it seems, he came unexpectedly into my life, hating--no, despising him even before I met him. How that happened is kind of a long story so I'll keep the sanctity of that for now. I admit everything happened so fast and it was definitely a whirlwind of emotions when we started the relationship. He was way way below the standards I've put up for myself and he was the last guy I would think of dating, admittedly because of his social status.

But my expectations and standards, my preconceived ideals of a man, all of that were thrown out of the window. This guy was funny and he made me laugh all the time. Being the most negative person there is, he taught me how to look at the positive side of anything and everything. He's annoying most of the time and we don't agree on a lot of things but one thing was certain, I was willing to go through anything with this guy. He puts God above anything else and that's the kind of person I need in my life.

Many would say never to give everything you have when it comes to love. And I say why the hell not? We only live once and I wouldn't want that to be the greatest regret I'll have on my deathbed. Sure, you will definitely get hurt, might lose yourself in the process of it but if it's not the right person and he breaks everything there is to break in you, then he definitely does not deserve you.  But if you're lucky enough to have given everything for the right person, it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Aw it warms my heart so much to read that you are in love :) And yes, I don't listen to people who say never to put your all into love. I know I've said it myself a few times in my life but I realized that I was just so bitter and jaded during those times that I didn't want to believe that true love exist but now I think that any kind of love deserves your 110% :)

    x
    Phoebe
    www.eatliveloverepeat.com

    ReplyDelete