Saturday, September 10, 2011

Toothsome Gratification


Since this will be more of a food entry, I’m experiencing constipation of words right about just now. Ooops, forgive me for putting 'food' and 'constipation' together in one sentence. Going back, don’t get me wrong, I love food, I love seeing pictures of dishes I didn’t even know exist, I drool over mouthwatering desserts that are too good  to devour, I even once dreamt of being a world-class chef. And yes, Gordon Ramsay is one hot chef. But I‘d rather eat than write about it, I might embarrass myself and I might not be able to give justice to it. I‘d just leave that to the food bloggers out there.

But since today is a special day, I’m begging you to give me a pass on this and allow me to embarrass myself. So, what’s the occasion then? Nothing much. I just had a day full of disaster(okay maybe that’s too much to describe it). But yeah, I was extra clumsy today which frustratingly domino-ed into uneventful situations. Series of unfortunate events, yeah? So what better way to end my day? A box of chocolates. A box of mouthwatering, jaw dropping, toothache-worthy chocolates.








And since, I'm not the most talented when it comes to food blogging, I'm gonna bore you with this:

1.  The word Chocolate comes from the Aztec word xocolatl, meaning, bitter water. 
(Visit http://www.chocolatemonthclub.com/chocolatehistory.htm for a full history of chocolates)


2. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs (and other domestic animals). The Theobromine found in chocolate is a stimulant, and can be too much for small animals.

3. Chocolate contains high-quality anti oxidants that can protect you from developing cancer and heart disease.

4. Chocolate's melting point is just below your body temperature, so it melts in your mouth. Melting chocolate in your mouth raises brain activity and heart rate more intensely than passionate kissing, and lasts four times longer!  
5. Dark chocolate stored under perfect conditions will last for 10 years. 




6. Chocolate is associated with the release of serotonin, the hormone that makes you feel relaxed, calm, and happy.
7. Hershey's is the oldest and largest chocolate company in the U.S.

8. White chocolate has no caffeine. In fact, white chocolate isn't chocolate at all. White chocolate is based on fat (vegetable oil or cocoa butter) and sugar, without any cocoa solids.
9. Women crave chocolate more than men.
10. The most expensive chocolate in the world is a $250 creation, called the Madeleine, by Fritz Knipschildt of Knipschildt Chocolatier in South Norwalk, Connecticut. With the price of $250, these chocolates cost approximately $2,600 per pound! Here's what it looks like: 

It would take forever before I can buy this kind of chocolate. For the meantime, I'll gratify myself with this:

Last one left!

I hope you enjoyed this one.Have a sweet weekend everyone!

xoxo, 
biang


No comments:

Post a Comment